Thursday, March 27, 2014

March Madness

     March is that time of year that people start getting antsy.  The weather is changing and becoming warmer and college basketball is down to the final tournament, March Madness.  This is my favorite time of year for both of these reasons. College basketball is something I remember watching with my dad when I was growing up.  I loved when the Kentucky Wildcats played with Coach Pitino by their side.  I believe those were the years it was instilled in me that I was born to be a Cats fan.

March Madness has always been a huge event and something that many people talk about around the water cooler at work, but it is turning into so much more with social media.  People are able to communicate to anyone during the games through Twitter and there are many hashtags based on March Madness alone. You can follow all of the happenings of March Madness through social media and not really worry about what you are going to miss.  Every team has a hashtag now, but the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky have many to represent different aspects of the team and their fans including #tweak, #BBN, #L1C4, #LouisvilleHateWeek. There are also people you can follow to get in depth detail of the game and get a behind the scene look at what is going on. Nick Stover (@ULFlyingCard) is a great example of this for University of Louisville fans.

This week is the most exciting game of the season for both University of Kentucky and University of Louisville since they are meeting in the Sweet 16 (#Sweet16).  This has sparked many conversations and friendly rivalry trash talking on social media about who's team is going to win.  I think social media is great for this and really adds to the excitement and experience of the game.  I know I look forward to it because of all the hype this game is receiving.  After all, it is the biggest game of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment