Friday, March 28, 2014

How to Prepare for the Big Game

Every team has their rivalry that when they meet in the season that is considered the big game. The University of Kentucky has the University of Louisville, Purdue University has Indiana University, just to name a couple.  If you are anything like me, the big game means a reason to party.  I am going to give my tips on how to prepare for the big game and party.

BYOB...this would be me !
Image found on Pinterest
Food: So food is very important during any sporting event, but it is especially important with college basketball and football.  The favorite in our house is queso and chips.  I usually make a spicy one with sausage in it and a mild one that has no meat in it.  My best tip would be to stick with finger foods during games.  I have discovered that people don't want to hold plates with food on them during intense games that arms are flailing. 


Drinks:  Make sure you stock up on drinks before people start arriving.  I always forget to get ice, so somebody always has to run to the store and get a bag. Oops. You need to decide if your night of enjoying the game is going to be a BYOB, bring your own beer, or if you are willing to share your alcohol with them. I am usually a person that doesn't mind sharing, but my house is a BYOB kind of place.


Gear:  Every team needs to have their gear ready by game time and that includes their fans. One of the first things I do the week of the game is make sure our team apparel is washed and ready for game day.  My husband makes sure he has his lucky hat on before every game because he feels it really helps the team.
Image from JD Becker website

Friends and Family: Make sure you invite your favorite people over to enjoy the game with.  It really stinks to be so busy preparing for the game that you forget to invite people out to watch the game. Personally, my favorite way to watch the game is with a ton of friends having a great time. It is usually a night of laughter and yelling at the television, which is always awesome!

Now, enjoy your game!


No comments:

Post a Comment