Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Thoughts on Hootsuite University

Before this semester I was pretty clueless about the potential of social media for businesses.  My professor assigned the class Hootsuite University as one of the projects and I am so happy she did.  Hootsuite University is a place anybody can go to learn more about social media.  They offer a social media course that once completed you become a Certified Social Media Consultant which is what my professor assigned us to complete.  I have been working on my certification and am so close to being done.  I cannot wait until I can add this to my resume.
Displaying Screenshot_2014-04-03-22-17-09.png
 While working on Hootsuite University I have found that is a little difficult to keep your interest.  It is compiled of short videos ranging from 1 minute to 25 minutes and are so full of information it is hard to retain it all.  It really isn't at all interactive which is something I consider valuable to learning, but it is a pretty easy course so far. Since the videos are short it is easier to watch one a couple times without taking too much time which is what I have been doing.  The exams are set up so you can take them more than once and you have to score a 100% before it is considered complete. The only thing I would change about this course is making it more interactive.  I once took a computer class that before you could move on to the next video you had to complete a mock version of what the video taught you.  It wasn't until you completed this so many times did it unlock the next video.  I think it would be beneficial for Hootsuite to implement some form of interactivity to give you more of a reason to pay attention. I am one that learns from interactive hands-on tools, especially when it is an online course.

Displaying Screenshot_2014-04-03-22-17-34.png
I have learned a lot from Hootsuite University also.  I like how they break down every section for the top social media sites, like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.  Some of these social media sites I was unfamiliar with, but because of Hootsuite's class I am learning more about social media than I ever thought possible. It is because of the class and this course that I am excited about social media and excited about what this certification will bring my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment