Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hello!  My name is Jacklyn Mantooth.  I am a proud mommy to an amazing little 4 year old girl, Emily.  In October I will be celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my husband, Waylen.  I am originally from a small town, Poseyville, Indiana and grew up in a rather large family.  I have four sisters, three brothers, and fifteen nieces and nephews.  I miss small town living, but also love city living.  I moved to Louisville in 2007 when I was 23 years old and met my husband the same year. 

I am writing this blog primarily for the Social Media class I am taking at the University of Louisville, however, I hope to continue blogging after the class is over.  This is my first semester as a senior and plan to graduate in December.  I do plan on continuing my education, but I want to concentrate on my career and my family first.  Even though I am a proud student of U of L, I am a die hard Kentucky Wildcats fan.  I grew up watching Pitino coach the Wildcats and that is a big part of the reason I love sports so much.  also the reason I want to pursue a career in something that has to do with athletics.

I am currently working for a company called Aramark and I am located in the YUM! Corporate Headquarters in a store called The Company Store.  I work with and for amazing people and would love to figure out a way to get them into the social media world.  My absolute dream job would be working for a professional sports team (doesn't really matter which one) either in social media or crisis communications.  Really though, I am enjoying my degree choice so much I really don't think it would matter what area I end up in.  I'll be happy!

I hope you enjoy my blog, but please be patient with me as I am still new to this blogging thing.  I am eager to feel more comfortable and am hoping this class helps me open up online.  I liked to blame my generation for being just before the big technology boom, but then I met my professor who is pretty much my age.  For now, I'm signing off.





No comments:

Post a Comment