Friday, February 21, 2014

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

So I mentioned in my Social Consumers blog that I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  This blog I am going to give my top reasons for buying this tablet instead of the other options. Again, I read many online reviews and asked many people their opinion in order to make the right purchase and I feel like I NAILED IT!

Image from Amazon


My number one reason for purchasing this tablet was the size and weight of it. I planned on carrying this tablet everywhere so I didn't want something that was heavy, especially with having so many books to carry also. According to Samsung's website this tablet weighs a measly 11.68 ounces.  I can fit it in my purse with ease and it doesn't add much weight to it at all. It is small enough that I am comfortable holding it in one hand when I am reading, but not so small that I can't read the screen. 

The second reason I went with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was that it was very easy to use.  I was familiar with Samsung's products before I purchased this because I had a Galaxy smartphone, but even those who have never used anything Samsung, like my mother, had no problems using it. In fact, my mother now has a Samsung tablet because she liked mine so much. I like that I can do all of my schoolwork on it without complications.  There are apps that I can get to make school more accessible and on-the-go. I even have all of my textbooks on it so I am not carrying much weight at all this semester.

Displaying Screenshot_2014-02-21-18-34-41.png
Screenshot of PowerPoint from tablet





The stylus is definitely one of the coolest things about this tablet. With it I can write, copy and paste, draw, and cut, among many other things.  I have teachers that post fill-in PowerPoints and I find it so nice just to fill them in on my tablet instead of printing them out. When I take my notes this way I always have people ask me about my tablet. One girl even said she wished her iPad did that. It is spot on with my handwriting and can tell what I am writing whether I am writing in cursive or print. I can switch it anytime from handwriting-to-text or I can keep it in my own handwriting.


One of my biggest reason for this tablet was that I could hook my flash drive up to it and store all of my school files on it. I found out that the iPad you cannot store anything externally. Having the advantage to plug in USB cables I am allowed to attached any device that connects through a USB. I purchased the plug-in from Amazon for next to nothing and have not had any problems with it.

I truly believe this is the best tablet out there for students. I suggest to anyone I can because I feel it is a great and convenient tablet to keep yourself organized. I have my textbooks, notes, class agenda, etc., all on one tablet. I have saved money each semester because it is a lot cheaper to get e-books and this tablet allows me to do that. Check it out for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed!





No comments:

Post a Comment